Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common condition. Although it is not life-threatening, it can negatively affect your quality of life. Because it can be related to other conditions, such as heart disease, it is important that you get the right treatment. There are various treatment options for ED, discuss with your doctor which option is best for your individual situation.
This section offers general information about treatment options and situations can vary in different countries.
Your doctor will take a medical history to understand your general state of health. As part of the medical history your doctor will ask about any other conditions you may have.
Your doctor may ask you:
- If you take any medication
- If you smoke
- When and how much you drink
- If you drink much coffee or alcohol
- If you use recreational drugs on a regular basis
- If you ever had pelvic surgery
- If you have any heart and/or vascular problems
- If you have hormonal disorders
- If you have any psychological problems
Improving your general health could help improve your symptoms. Your doctor will advise you to stop smoking, drink less alcohol, and exercise regularly.
Depending on your individual situation, your doctor may recommend that you adapt your diet. It is important to discuss this with the doctor first. As a general rule, try to have a varied diet which is low on sugar, salt, and fatty foods.
Your doctor will also ask you questions about your sex life, which could be very personal but are necessary for proper diagnosis and treatment. Some of the questions could be:
- The status of your previous sexual relationships
- Your current sexual relationships
- Your current emotional state
- When the erectile problems started
- How long have the erectile problems lasted
- If you have seen another doctor specifically for ED
- If you have received treatment for ED before
Your doctor will ask you to describe the firmness and duration of your morning erections, and sexually stimulated ones. The doctor will also ask if you have problems with arousal, ejaculation, and orgasm.
If you have a sexual partner, it may be useful to attend this consultation together.
For more information please visit https://www.ereksiyonhaplari.com/en/contact/